In reference to my blog post Things to do while in Byron Bay, I have put together some tips for accommodations there!
Although I lived on the farm, I have stayed in several hostels in between, before and after.
1. At first I stayed in Backpacker’s Inn for 5 days. Met a lot of people, made a few friends. This was right by the beach so it was very convenient to just go to the beach whenever desired.
2. Then I stayed at the Cape Byron YHA when my friend came to visit me on a long weekend. This is a 5 minute walk to the beach. The hostel is quite clean and not a party hostel. We didn’t really spend much time at the hostel but according to my experience, it was alright.
3. My third hostel was Aquarius Backpackers Resort. I probably stayed there for 7-8 days. For the most part, I stayed with a friend who came to visit me. This was definitely a party hostel. They have some sort of event almost every night. The girls jello fight was pretty intense and definitely not something I would want to experience seeing again. The things people do for money! The kitchen is quite spacious but our food did get stolen from the fridge. The room was moderately clean. Aquarius has a restaurant and a bar and the food is pretty decent as well. The rooftop has hammocks which makes a great place to hangout!
4. My fourth hostel was Arts Factory. This is known to be a hippy place. People are usually stoned here. I only stayed because this was my last time visiting Byron and my friends from Sydney came to Byron with me for a week. We decided to compromise and stay at two hostels, just so everyone was happy. My compromise was staying at the Arts Factory. The reason why I didn’t want to stay there was because it was extremely far away from the main beach and town. It was a 20 minute walk. The other places are quite close to the beach and restaurants. This was a bit inconvenient. What I liked the most about this place was where we stayed – it was a big tent with bunk beds inside and we had our own balcony with chairs. From time to time we had some visitors by the balcony – the water dragons. Since we were right by the pond, they would swim by and come up to the tree, sit and chill. Pretty harmless. Scared of us if anything. The restaurant beside Arts Factory has good food. It’s called the Brewery.
5. My fifth and last hostel was Holiday Village Backpackers. This place was right across from Cheeky Monkey’s. If you read my other blog about Byron, you will learn a lot about this place. It is party central.You also get a lot of deals at Cheeky Monkey’s if you stay at this hostel. This hostel is alright, you can’t help but socialize with people here. So if you are an introvert, avoid sitting in the lounge area outside!
P.S Enjoy this view 😉
One thought on “Tips for Accommodations in Byron Bay, Australia”